Wednesday 1 February 2012

A really good opportunity...............but....

I had an agency very keen to recruit me on Monday (two phone calls and an e-mail.) What sounded like an excellent 6-month contract: porting a legacy Powerhouse system between hardware platforms. Then, just as I was about to snap his hand off (difficult down a phone line I know, but I was that keen!!) came the deal breaker - it's on the south coast near Brighton. Commuting isn't a possibility, and living there during the week would put me on the wrong side (given my personal ethos) of the 'work to live v live to work' dichotomy. 
Oh well, at least I'm attracting some interest!

Other than that nothing much to report except that I've hit a bit of a wall (undoubtedly of my own making) in rewriting my CV to incorporate Beth's suggestions. I'll undoubtedly use the good folk of the Job Club to bolster my resolve tomorrow (it's good to have a forum of people in a similar situation with whom to discuss such matters.)

1 comment: