Monday 13 February 2012

Have you ever noticed that CV is 105 in Roman Numerals?

My interview with Jane (Jobcentre Personal Adviser, for those of you who haven't been keeping up!) led, not unexpectedly to my being moved on to 'The Work Program' run by A4E.

Meanwhile, I got a slightly amended and beautifully reformatted version of my CV back from Julia, with some suggestions for possible further tweaks.  Also an email from Ned at the jobclub with some very pertinent observations.

I've now prepared yet a further version incorperating what I could of the above, which is far closer to my ideal CV than anything I've managed before.  THIS IS NOW MY OFFICIAL AND DEFINITIVE CV (until I change it again!)

Had my first meeting with Emily, my A4E adviser this morning. She was very pleasant and positive about my job search prospects so we'll just have to work together and see how it goes.  I get to (or to put it more accurately I've got to) attend another weekly Job Club, on Tuesday afternoons.  Any extra tools I can use in my search are always welcome, so I'm not complaining.

I've sent the CV to Emily, so no doubt I'll find out tomorrow everything that cause it to fail to meet A4E standards. (Which is that, cynical or fatalistic?)

Emily showed an interest in interfacing with North West Hampshire Job Club, so I've got introductions to make.  We're not meeting this week, it being half-term, so no doubt Emails will be exchanged. 

I'll report back next time on the A4E club, which I suspect may be a rather different entity!

1 comment:

  1. Cynicalistic or fatalical? Or the dog system of management. New dog comes in to a territory and will then piss on all of the lamposts thus eraticating the previous dogs efforts whether for good or bad.

    ReplyDelete