Monday 12 March 2012

A busy week (Part 1)

Where to start...........?  An almost infinite amount of stuff seems to have happened since I last found enough time to do this!

Right! Strict(ish) chronology, according to my best recollection, is probably the order of the day.

On Tuesday last, there I was dutifully sending off my on-line job applications at the A4E job club, when Emily, my advisor (keep up at the back!) suggested I speak on the phone to the admin chap at their Winchester office.  It turns out he was previously in the same line of work as I was.  His recent personal experience of the job market led him to suggest that my chances of landing a software development position from my current situation are somewhere the 'nil' side of 'slim to nil'.

Cue a few minutes quiet weeping at the PC, and much mature reflection.  While I'm still not fully convinced of his appraisal, I do think that perhaps the time has come to be a bit more accepting of the need to properly evaluate my transferable skills, with a view to casting my net a bit wider.  Ho hum!

Signing on day Wednesday - largely uneventful!

(Currently running out of time on the library computer - more tomorrow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment